Most of my friend commented that they dint like the Facebook’s Developers idea of suddenly changing the interface of Facebook.
Well, here I used a trick to get back to the old one…though not completely but the most irritating part of the Facebook, i.e the Live Ticker window is gone now.
Actually, I found there are more than one ways to do that.
First, by installing the latest extension from better facebook.net..
1. Goto www.betterfacebook.net
2. Click on the browser that you are using from the list here
3. It will take a few seconds to install the extension.
4. Now login to your facebook account.
5. It will pop out a windows from betterfacebook, choose the recommended settings, and finish the setup.(Note: You can customize your facebook)
6. Once you are done, click on the options tab at the top from betterfacebook, now click on chat, check off “Turn off the chat sidebar on the far right (if it exists) and go back to popup chat list”
7. Click on save, now you have a chat box as you used to have before, but the Live ticker window, still stays there at the top right panel.
8. Now just place the cursor on the Live ticker window, click on its head, select hide this window.
9. Voila!!! Here you have the old chat interface back, without the Live Ticker!
Note: Installing the betterfacebook.net will make the browser slow, but you can customize a lot of things through betterfacebook.
Well, I dint like the idea of making the browser slow. Here I present you with an alternate solution.
Second, just installing an extension will switch back to old chat window style without the Live Ticker
You need to do just two steps,
1. Disabling the Live-Ticker, Clickhere
2. Switching back to Old Chat window:
For Firefox, click here
For GoogleChrome, click here
For Opera, click here
Note: After installing the extension, you just have to logout and login to facebook once, and you have your Old Chat box Window back without the Live Ticker. And this doesn’t slows the browser.
Enjoy your Facebook now and Feel Free to Comment J
If Our Article Has Helped You, Consider Supporting Us, By Making A Small Contribution, Thank You